Mittwoch, 10. September 2014

850 - Treasure of the Day: Empress Maria Feodorovna

Empress Maria Feodorovna
(wife of Emperor Alexander III)
Painting by Vladimir Makovsky, 1885


Empress Maria Feodorovna



Art postcard tag
My treasure of the day! Kseniya from Russia tagged me in the art postcard tag and surprised me with this beauty. The card is one of my favorites and I waited a long time to finally get it. It shows a gorgeous painting of Empress Maria Feodorovna of Russia (née Princess Dagmar of Denmark). She was the wife of Emperor Alexander III of Russia and mother of  the last russian Tsar: Emperor Nicholas II. Maria Feodorovna was painted by Vladimir Makovsky, who did obviously a good job! I like her kokoshnik tiara, but unfortunately I don't know its name. Maybe you can find out more about her jewellery on Ella Kay's blog The Court Jeweller.
Anyway, this card definitely made my day! Many thanks Kseniya!
From Russia
Received: 10.09.2014

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen