Montag, 22. September 2014

856 - My new Finnish Friend

European Eagle-Owl


Swap
Yeah! I finally have a postcard pal from Finland. Her name is Anna-Maria and last week I already received her first card. It is one of my postcrossing favorites and shows an European Eagle-Owl on the wing. Isn't it a beautiful bird? I just love owls! Many thanks for this gorgeous card! :)

Anna-Maria also put an amazing stamp on the card - it shows one of the new issued Tom of Finland stamps. Touko Laaksonen, who used "Tom of Finland" as a pseudonym, was a Finnish artist and was best known for his homoerotic art and therefore he was an early member of gay culture. I think it's wonderful, that the Finnish Post Office had issued these stamps. The Finnish have some of the most amazing stamps! Agree? Hmmm . . . this gives me the idea, that maybe we should take a look at my favorite received-stamps soon . . .  Shall we?



Tom of Finland stamp

From Finland
Received: 15.09.2014

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen